Friday, December 19, 2008

I. Hate. Snow.


It's true. I don't like snow. I don't like winter either. Or cold weather for that matter. But here I am, in one of the snowiest parts of the country. And I'm never moving again. So it's a necessary evil that I must endure each year. It's beautiful and warm here for about 5 months a year. Then it goes downhill fast. It's not even officially winter yet and we've had almost 50" of snow already.

I do love the holidays though, and I don't mind looking out the window and seeing the snow. I just don't like being out in it or driving in it. So while I'm inside, watching it snow outside, I like to enjoy the holiday decorations around the house. I've shown some photos of the gigantic tree, but over the next few days, I'm going to post a few various photos of some other decorations around the house. Kind of a fun Holiday House tour. The kind where you don't have to leave your house!



This is an ornament that our friend Beebs gave us. I just love it! On the other side it says "First Christmas In Our New Home". Very sweet!


And this is my new favorite Santa. I got him at a 90% off sale last year at Jo-Ann Fabrics after Christmas. I think it was under $2. I had forgotten I got him until I opened the boxes of decorations this year.



No comments: