Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My 2 Cents



The Obesity Tax? What will they come up with next?? This is truly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. And you know what? It will probably pass. Our wonderful governor (well, I guess he is a little better than the other one...) is proposing that they put a 15% tax on non-diet soda. How ridiculous is that? What about candy bars or Big Macs or triple cheeseburgers and ice cream cones or cheese cake or french fries... the list is endless. I'm disgusted by this and will never buy another soda, diet or non-diet, ever again once this tax goes into effect. Of course, then the soda companies will go bankrupt and need a bailout... but that's a post for another day... 

3 comments:

rb said...

what i love about this is that you work for a news station and put a link to the competitors website. tsk tsk. :)

Amanda said...

Yeah... but I liked the competitors article more than ours... Ours just talked about how beneficial the tax would be. I don't agree! At least the other article presents both sides of the argument.

elle m kay said...

this post is making me hungry...