Sunday, September 13, 2009

Practices and Festivals

Early yesterday morning Alex had cross-country practice down by the lake. The coach thought it would be good for the boys to know what it's like to run really early on a Saturday since that's when most of their meets will be.

Here's Alex crossing the finish line of their 1 1/2 mile timed run. At 8:30am. On a Saturday.

Then last night, Eric and I went downtown to the annual Irish Fest! It's our favorite festival.

Eric tried on a hat from one of the many vendors. He thought it might look cool to wear that while driving Sir Reginald. (But didn't think it was cool to pay $45 for it, so it stayed there.)

Then we met up with my friend Simone and her husband Rich. Simone is the girl I went to HS with (in Maine) who come to find out, lives down the road from me now.

Here are Simone and Rich, posing... in the VIP tent! Rich scored us some free tickets to the VIP area... And from then on, the drinks flowed freely... with an emphasis on "free"!

Eric and I also posed in the VIP tent. It was a great night, with great friends... and yes, I drank way too much... but I guess that's what us Irish folks do at an Irish Festival!

No comments: