Friday, December 12, 2014

Job Update

I feel like things might finally be coming together for me. Yesterday I had a fantastic interview at a small graphic design company. By small, I mean 3 people work there. They've been in business for 20 years. The 2 partners have been anyway. Next Tuesday I'm going to go in for a "trial run" and work for a day with them. And get paid too! I think that's a neat idea. I'm pretty excited about it. I think it would be a nice fit for me. I passed the resume test, only 2 of us are left in the running for the job. Odd are good. Fingers crossed!!

Today at 1 pm, I have a second interview at the Housing Visions place for the Marketing Manager position. I'm actually surprised by this. My marketing background isn't that impressive. But maybe they're looking to expand the role into a more graphic intensive position. Which I'm kind of hoping. She said she wanted to discuss the position and my experience a little more. So that's interesting.

Other than that, I'm still waiting to hear from Ch. 3. Which I admit, I've been avoiding, I don't want to work there. The pay is miserable. And I've got these other opportunities that I'd rather do. It is my fall-back though. I wouldn't say no if I had nothing else. But I'd like to see how these other positions pan out first. I still haven't heard from Merry-Go-Round either...

Oh, and I almost forgot about this. I qualified to take a Civil Service exam. The test is tomorrow morning. That's almost a guaranteed job if I do well, but it takes about a year to work down the list of applicants. So while it might be a guarantee, it's wouldn't be for awhile. But it's something. And it will be interesting to take the test. And if I were to get a job, I'd have a pension and in essence be working for the government. In a secretarial sort of way. It would be job security and a no-brainer job.

No comments: