Tuesday, December 30, 2014

End of the Year

So I, for one, will be very happy to see the end of 2014. I feel like there will be a whole new beginning for 2015 for me. For more than half of 2014, I was unemployed. Which sometimes, was nice. But most of the time it was stressful, depressing and not a whole lot of fun. I'm ready for a fresh start.

Last week I received an email from one of the owners of the small design company that I worked at that one day and hated... Well, she wanted to me come in for an additional day. My first thought was "No way!" But then I figured, what the heck. I'm not doing anything, they would pay me, and maybe it won't be as bad on the second day. Well, I was wrong. It was equally as horrible. Probably even more so, because they wanted me for the whole day, instead of just 5 hours. 8 hours is a very long time when you're somewhere you don't want to be! The woman is just nasty. I honestly think she has a dual personality. She's nice when you're chatting about life and family, but once the work face comes on, look out! There is just no way I would work for anyone like that. But I'm glad I gave it another try. Just to make 100% certain that my first impression was correct. I almost look forward to her offering me a job next week and getting to turn her down. I did not mention I had a job lined up already.

And in other news, I have one last interview tomorrow. My friend, the Executive Director of the Mansion, found out about a job opening at a company downtown. (FOCUS Greater Syracuse), and they need a marketing coordinator. It's not even posted yet. I sent my resume, 2 hours later I got a response and an interview lined up for tomorrow. Hey, why not. And sadly, I'm still waiting for some sort of response from the Housing place... they sure are taking their own sweet time! But it is the holidays, and I'm sure the ones that have to make the big decisions are all on vacation.

Meanwhile, I need to go pee in a cup today and pass a drug test so I can start my new job at Channel 3 next week...


No comments: