Monday, October 20, 2008

The "S" Word



Yep. I heard it. I heard the "S" word today. Snow. In the forecast. I know it was inevitable, but there's always that twinge of hope that maybe, just maybe this would be there year it forgets to snow. It was for just flurries, thankfully. But just hearing the word makes us realize that winter is on its way.

But in some comforting news, I made a great "comfort food" type dinner with the leftover pot roast. I cut the roast into smaller pieces, heated it up in a pan with a can of cream of mushroom soup. Added a bit of sour cream and more of my favorite Cavendar's Greek Seasoning. Then poured it over a bunch of penne pasta. Kind of like a variation of Beef Stroganoff. It was quite good and I can't wait for the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. It's the dinner that keeps on giving!

No comments: