Saturday, February 7, 2009

Complaint Department


Every day on my way to work, I see this hotel being built. On this particular day this past week, it was 3 degrees outside. If you look closely, you will see a couple of people on top of the building. They are working. Outside. In sub-zero weather. Building a hotel. I glance over at this construction site on my way to my job in a warm cozy office with a skylight and a tv. I sometimes get cold in my office with the skylight, so I turn on my space heater or get another cup of coffee. After seeing these guys the other day when it was so cold, I'm thinking I have it pretty good, and I should never complain about my job again...

Speaking of complaining, I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. In this world full of complaints and complainers, I think I need to cut back on my complaining. Or at least if I have a legitimate complaint, then I should do something about it. But for everyday complaints, objections, criticisms, or other annoyances, I need to cut back. I found this quote online the other day and I'm thinking of taking it on as my new motto: "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude."

No comments: