Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Serious Addiction


My name is Amanda and I am addicted to the Bachelor. Seriously addicted. At least this season I am. I 've watched an episode here and there in the past, but this season, I have seen every show. Aside from last night, but the hours of web surfing today to catch up completely make up for that.

Last season, I watched the final episode with DeAnne the Bachelorette. DeAnne had to choose between 2 men, Jesse and Jason. Everything I saw during that one show pointed to her picking Jason. And me, along most of America was stunned when she picked Jesse the snowboarding dude. Poor Jason was left heartbroken, but a fan favorite. This season, he became the Bachelor. And I have been hooked since day one. (BTW, DeAnne dumped the "dude" a few months ago.)

I got home last night just in time to see the previews for the final episode. They showed the Host giving a somewhat somber message about a new episode that was recently taped that will air after the final episode. Something must have happened after the final taping (which was done in November). But we don't know what... I have spent a good part of my day off surfing internet message boards and website regarding the Bachelor.

Sad, isn't it? Apparently I'm not the only one though. There are thousands of addicts just like me. There's even a man who claims to know the outcome and he's going to "tell-all" tomorrow morning. His name is Reality Steve. I have been going between his website and the ABC Message Board most of the day. Thousands of posters have theories of how it's going to end. Some are pretty far-fetched, others might be right on.

I don't know how the season ends, but I'm dying to know. And I have no idea why I have this need to know. I consider myself an intelligent person, why am I so interested in such a stupid show? I hate the whole idea of this show. It's so dumb, most of the women are crazy and mean.

So why have I spent hours of my precious time trying to figure this out? I don't even know these people! But I hope he chooses Melissa... and I hope he doesn't change his mind... or break her heart... I hope all those theories are incorrect.

Sigh. I think I need an intervention.

No comments: