Tuesday, February 17, 2009

February Break


Due to the Digital Transition, (that ended up getting postponed, it was supposed to be today...) I was able to take some time off during February for the first time ever. February is usually a "sweeps" month, which means nobody is allowed to take vacations during this month. (Or May or November.) But this year, due to the DTV transition, sweeps was moved to March. So, I decided to take a few days off during the kids' February break. Yesterday the kids slept in, while I got up at 6:30... I did some cleaning and web surfing. (Much more web surfing than cleaning.)

Once they were up, we had some cinnamon rolls. Then I decided we should go to the mall. It's really the only thing they will both agree on lately: shopping. Alex got a new shirt from American Eagle and Kelsey got a new funky belt from Hot Topic.

We went back home to get dinner ready. I made peanut butter cookies too. We had ham steak and mashed potatoes for dinner. After dinner Kelsey and I went to a movie. We saw "Confessions of a Shopaholic". It was cute and fun. I really should read the book now, since I have it and never finished it.

Today Kelsey is going skiing with her ski club. Or should I say snowboarding. So Alex and I are going to have a little mother-son day. Lunch at Panera and then some more shopping... and hopefully some relaxing too.

2 comments:

Beth in NEPA said...

Oh, I remember sweeps, my busy time was always after the book arrived when I had to do a big summary report.

Our local stations have gotten permission to go ahead and do the transition today. It won't matter to me cause we have cable anyway. But I will be glad to stop having to hear about it.

Amanda said...

Yeah, they didn't want us to do it today because we're the #1 station in the market. Other stations in our group did the transition today, but not us. Oh well. I really think the gov't messed this one up anyway... but what else is new!