Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bringing the World Together, One Blog at a Time


I've mentioned before that I read lots of blogs. I seem to come across one or two every day that I end up following. Most of the blog authors don't know who I am, nor do I know them. Lately, I have come across several blogs about families, parents, children who are going through difficult times.

Sometimes these blogs are difficult to read, but I feel the need to read them. I feel so sad for what many of the families are going through. I've found myself on the verge of tears reading their stories. And I find myself checking for updates about them several times a day and hoping for positive news. They are stories about people I don't even know. Of sick babies, babies who have died, parents who are ill. Sometimes, there are happy endings and unfortunately, sometimes there are not.

I feel the need to share a couple of the blogs with you. Please take some time to read about them, and keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

One blog is about a little boy named Stellan. Some of you may have heard of him. He's a little boy with a heart problem. A little boy who wasn't even supposed to be born alive. Now, at 5 mos. old, he's fighting for his life. He has quite the following, people from all over the world (seriously, all over the entire world), are following this little guy and praying for his recovery. They even wished him well at Fenway Park the other night. That's how big his story has become.

Another blog I have found is about a young couple named Cari and Andy. They have been through more than any young couple should ever have to go through, but are an inspiration to us all. Please read their story and send positive thoughts their way.

It amazes me how many people from all over the world read these blogs and how touched we all are by their stories. It just shows how powerful the internet has become at bringing the world together. Even if it's just for a brief moment.

No comments: