Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Movies and Spring Break


This week I watched a couple more movies. I finally got to see "The Express: The Ernie Davis Story" Alex and I both enjoyed this story about the first black Heisman trophy winner, who also happened to attend Syracuse University. We highly recommend it for all.

We also watched "Slumdog Millionaire". I had been curious about this movie since it won all the Oscars. It didn't disappoint. I'm glad I knew the storyline beforehand, it would have been confusing at first. Or maybe it would have just been confusing for me! Either way, great movie. It was nice to see such a good movie without any "big" Hollywood stars in it for once.

Spring Break begins in 2 days and we're heading East! I'm taking the kids to Greg & Diane's house just north of Boston. Aside from spending time with them and relaxing, we're hoping to head into the city and do some sightseeing and some shopping too. Should be lots of fun and we're all looking forward to it! Let's hope Spring Break means that Spring weather will finally arrive too.

3 comments:

elle m kay said...

I watched Slumdog Millionaire just last night! Although quite violent and sad, I did enjoy the story. And the dancing at the end was very uplifting. :)

Amanda said...

Oh, we liked the dancing too!

miftik said...

I have to play Jai Ho from Slumdog Millionaire at least once a day at work. The music is great.

You can have some of our Spring. It hit 80 today.