Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dragonflys and Chicken Wings

I discovered a little dragonfly hanging out with the tomatoes this afternoon. I love the macro feature on my camera.

I made some slow-cooked wings today. Our friend Louise made the most delicious slow-cooked wings and served them at her last party. I'd never made wings of any sort before. All I remember her saying was that she cooked them at around 200 for several hours. So I went with that. And I put BBQ sauce on them too...

I ended up cooking them for about 3 hours at 250. Then for about 15 minutes at 450. They weren't as "dry" as we had hoped. I kept having to drain the liquid every half hour or so. I was surprised how much grease/water these little wings produced. I think I need to put them on a broiler type pan next time so they can drain, so they don't end up soaking in any liquid. Then I think we might have what we were looking for. They were quite tasty though, just a lot juicier than we thought they would be. Oh and we bought the bag of wings at Aldi, along with the BBQ sauce. So they've been dubbed the Aldi Wings.

In other news, we found our screen! Oh, you didn't know it was missing, did you? Well, the painters had taken the screens down when they painted the house and one was missing. We couldn't find it anywhere. Well, Eric found it this morning when he was cleaning the gutter. It's on the roof, next to the skylight.

No comments: