Friday, August 14, 2009

Show Us Your Life: Favorite Vacation Spots

I've taken a break from the "Show Us Your Life" series for a few weeks, but I'm back for this one! Who could resist this topic. Not me! This week is "Show Us Your Favorite Vacation". And you all know how I love vacations! This was very hard to choose just one favorite though. I've been very fortunate to take MANY great vacations...  

A couple of years ago we discovered Cruises! I was lucky enough to take 2 cruises that year. It was SO wonderful. This particular cruise left the great city of New York and cruised up to New Brunswick & Halifax, Nova Scotia.  

The above photo was taken when we finally got on board, we were so thrilled and ready to start a great vacation! The weather was gorgeous. 

This was the lobby of the ship. Isn't it grand?! 

As the ship headed out of NY harbor, it had to squeeze under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. It doesn't look like it's going to make it in this shot, but it does. Just barely! 

This was the view returning to NYC early in the morning, 5 days later. Eric got up early that day and took these amazing pictures. 

Here is Lady Liberty, standing tall in the harbor as the sun rises. I can't wait to take another cruise... it was such a great vacation! 

And as many of you already know, probably my most favorite vacation spot is the Cape. I actually took this photo 3 weeks ago during our stay at the beach. (There are many blog posts in the month of July about our most recent vacation if you want to see more!) 

We've done the Cape vacation several times now. It's a family favorite. Nothing better than stepping out of your door and walking down to the beach. 

We enjoy flying kites on the beach too.

And doing some sight-seeing. This is Cape Cod Lighthouse. We stopped on our way back from Provincetown one beautiful day. Could the sky get any bluer?! 

Here I am posing at the Lighthouse. 

I love the sound of the ocean... And I love vacations!! Thank you Kelly for hosting this wonderful tour of vacation spots. If you'd like to participate or see other vacation spots, be sure to check out Kellys Korner!  

No comments: