Wednesday, August 12, 2009

White Wine & Red Tomatoes

The tomatoes are finally turning red! I thought they'd never turn. I always seem to remember them turning red before August. Are anyone else's tomatoes late turning red? Maybe it's the weather...

We're on the last of the bottles of wine that we bought at the wineries. We've apparently become quite the winos! We have been enjoying having a glass (or 2) each evening with dinner. Thank goodness I'm heading back to the wineries this weekend when Amy & Robin visit so that I can stock up on more great NY state wine. (The above bottle of wine was purchased at the 3 Brothers Winery.)

This was our dinner this evening. BBQ chicken, rice and of course wine. On the deck, it was a beautiful evening.

And before I end my blog post for today, I have to wish my Mom a very Happy Birthday! Not that she can read this as she is traveling right now, but maybe if she finds some wifi somewhere soon, she can see her well wishes. Hope you had a great day!

4 comments:

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

My tomatoes are still very green. Hopefully I can post an update today.

rb said...

oh i want some wine in the worst way! and i LOVE that 3 brothers winery.

Amanda said...

I wish you could come with us Rebecca! Let me know if you want me to pick anything up for you.

M said...

My tomatoes are just turning red too...i thought they were never going to ripen