Saturday, October 10, 2009

Our Busy Day

Today was a very busy day! We started out with a trip to Tully to watch Alex's race. (After a quick stop for my new favorite Pumpkin Spice coffee and a bagel at Brueggers...)

It was a chilly, but sunny day for a race. The above picture is as they are starting the race. This is just of the Liverpool team. Alex is in the middle, with the blue shirt under his team jersey. There were probably 125 runners today.

And here's Alex speeding towards the finish line... another great day. He set another personal best and was 9th for his team. He did a great job!

After we returned home, Eric and I took a trip to BJs (more on that later), then we had dinner at Salsarita's.

The chips and queso were delicious!

I had a ground beef with cheese quesadilla, which was also fantastic. Eric had a chicken quesadilla. He also liked his dinner. We happened to have a 2-for-1 coupon, so dinner was cheap tonight! We'd definitely go again, it was quick, easy and delicious! I think next time I'd like to try a big giant burrito... they looked excellent.

Now... I must put a disclaimer on these next 2 photos... this was ALL Eric's idea!! I thought it was terrible... but he insisted on putting some bad humor on the blog. This is the "before" photo... with Jenny.

And this is the "after" photo.... isn't that awful?? Ok, it's a teeny bit funny... But no, we didn't take Jenny to the butcher in order to save some cash in these "tough economic times"... But we did get an amazing deal on a giant Pork Tenderloin at BJs! That entire thing cost $12. And we had a $4 coupon. So it was only $8! I cut it into 4 pretty big pieces to freeze, so we'll get 4 dinners out of this thing. Not bad, huh? I see some bbq pulled pork in our future...

3 comments:

Beth in NEPA said...

Great buy at BJs....

tell Eric that is GROSS!!!!!

Alex is doing great for his first year on the team. We are PROUD of him

Beth in NEPA said...

I just showed this to your father. He was impressed with Alex's stride and the muscles he is developing.

Then I showed him the pics of Eric.....
He laughed very loud and long. He commented that Eric has quite a sense of humor!!!

Paula said...

Hayden humor, Hayden humor. I'm so sorry.