Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Knit Wit

Here's a view from our kitchen yesterday morning. It's dark when I get up now. I don't like that, but before you know it, the sun is rising... and it's beautiful. Although, it also means winter is getting closer. And closer.

And speaking of winter, I think I'd like to start a new hobby. I need something to do in the evenings, besides watching TV and trying to stay warm. I'm thinking of taking up knitting. I have no idea why, it just sounds warm. And interesting. And I like scarfs a lot. Maybe I could knit a scarf. Does anybody knit? Is it easy? Where should I start?!

2 comments:

Beth in NEPA said...

Go to a store that sells yarn for knitting, ask if someone does lessons.

You might try at Michaels or AC Moore if they sell yarn. They might know someone.

Or check with your adult ed. Our local one has offered knitting classes in the past.

OR... go see my friend Margie in Chesapeake..... she knits a LOT.
or your aunt Peggy... she used to knit a lot.

Enough ideas?

Oh, and quilting is a warm craft.

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

I used to knit years ago. It is easy and lots of fun. I also crocheted. Maybe you remember the afghan on the back of the rocker in our living room. I did that many moons ago.