Friday, October 2, 2009

Oops, I Did It Again

Sorry! I'm a bad blogger. Another 4 days with nothing. I'm surprised I have any readers left at this rate. Thanks for those who continue to check, despite my lack of updates.

I've had several requests for my amazing Apple Crisp recipe. I figured I'd share with everyone, in case some of you shy readers would like to enjoy it too.



Apple Crisp

5-6 medium apples, peeled and cut into small pieces
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup butter (melted)
1 1/2 tsp apple pie spice (you can substitute with cinnamon & nutmeg)

Pour apple pieces into a lightly greased (butter spray works well) casserole dish. In a separate bowl, mix all other ingredients together until very well mixed. Sprinkle mixture over top of the apples. (I also sprinkle a little bit of lemon juice over the apples before I sprinkle the mixture.)

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream. Or cold... or with ice cream... or for breakfast... or however you like! If your house is anything like our house, it won't last long!

------

In other news...

Boy, what a crappy, rainy week we've had this week. I'm glad it's the weekend, but it sure would be nice if it would stop raining. Tomorrow Eric and I are taking the Mini to Rochester to watch Alex's x-country race. It'll be our first "trip" with the Mini. I can't wait!

Also this weekend we're attending a birthday party dinner for Alex and Gary on Sunday. We're having a big ham dinner and then we're going to have a game night afterwards. Should be a great evening!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

No comments: