Sunday, July 5, 2009

Holiday Weekend

We've kept ourselves very busy this weekend. Alex and I went to the driving range on Friday. And it's very sad, but true... my muscles are still sore 2 days later. It's amazing how many muscles I never knew I had... and how physically demanding the seemingly simple game of golf really is. (Or maybe I'm just very much out of shape!)

Here's Alex taking a swing. We each had a bucket of 70 balls. By about the 50th, I could no longer feel my right arm...

On Saturday the 4th, we had our friends John and Louise over for a BBQ dinner.

I made some patriotic cookies for dessert.

Eric and John sat at the bar. (Yes, it was a bit chilly and windy, but the party must go on!)

Chef Louise took over cooking the kabobs... we had chicken kabobs and she bought the best ever scallops wrapped in bacon.... soooo tasty!

And towards the end of the evening, John gave Jenny a Jell-o shot. Well... before all of you Peta folks come after me and report me, she was just licking the bottom of the little cup where the Jell-o wouldn't come out... But as you can see, she really, really liked it! (No dogs were harmed in the filming of this blog post...) We hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July!

No comments: