Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Painted House

The house painting is complete. Not that you can really tell a difference from far away. But it really is nice up close. The trim really needed to be freshened up and a lot of the house did as well. It looks "newer" now, which is nice. It was looking kind of dingy.

Here's Eric surveying the property... (in his bare feet) You can see here how clean and neat the paint job is.

We had the painters paint the big wall in the living room while they were here. It was too high for me to even want to attempt to paint it. It really is a huge change. And a lot more bold than any color I've ever picked! (Click to see it bigger.)
I will say I like it a lot better in person than in these photos. It looks much yellower in the photos and more "mustard" color in person. It really gives the room a nice feel. It's a lot warmer than I thought it would be. Click here for the actual color we chose, this is more like what it looks like in person. It's called Anjou Pear.

This is the "before" photo. (Which should probably have come before the "after" photo, but I didn't feel like switching them around.)

2 comments:

Paula said...

Very nice change. Looks cozy. How did you get the room back together so quickly??

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

Big difference with the before and after. Looks very homey. I've not had the nerve to try something like that, you may be my inspiration.