Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bowling, Brownies and Betting

Today was supposed to be a rainy, yucky, miserable day. But as you can see from this photo that was taken this afternoon, it was sunny and bright! It never rained here, not a single drop. And the lawn guy even came by to cut the grass. It was a gorgeous day.

Jenny even enjoyed some time outside. She doesn't like it when it rains. She doesn't like to get her paws wet. And I don't blame her!

Alex and I had a "rainy day" activity lined up for the miserably rainy day that we didn't have. We went bowling! We bowled 3 games. Alex's form is definitely improving... although I think next time we need to lose the "bumpers". He might be getting a little old for those.

Does anyone look good bowling??

This was the end of one of our games. It was a close one! But I squeaked by in the end. (And no laughing... we didn't even break 100!)

After we bowled, we went home and I made brownies, covered them in frosting and fun star shaped sprinkles.

And after dinner, Alex and I had a Texas Hold 'Em tournament on the deck. Since it still wasn't raining... Oh and the thermometer behind Alex is sort of broken... it's about 7-10 degrees off. It was really about 72-ish degrees out. A perfect night.

Don't you just love the giant cards?? I almost lost the tournament on several occasions, but came from behind and won all of Alex's chips.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Do you get that high of a score on the Wii? And those cards look "age" appropriate.

rb said...

those brownies are making my mouth water.

Beth in NEPA said...

Tell Alex his grammy said to SMILE.
Looks like you had a great day!!!

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

I know exactly where your rain went. It rained 21 out or 30 days in June and so far 2 out of 2 in July. I hope it stopped by your Cape trip. We're all getting very cranky here.