Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pretty in Pink

I've been promising the kids that we would paint their rooms. Kelsey got to go first. She opted for pink, of course! I was skeptical at first... but it's starting to grow on me. It's very vibrant! She helped paint the entire room, both coats. Even helped tape up the molding too.

Alex got into the fun too. He even put on his pink shirt for the occasion...

Ta-Da! The after shot. Isn't it fun?! I love the purple accent color. That was all Kelsey's idea. We found the comforter online at Walmart.com, and after trips to 3 different Walmarts in the area, I found the full-size version.

Here's another view of the newly painted room. What do you think? Is it a big improvement from the "before" shots??

6 comments:

elle m kay said...

I love it! pink & purple were never my favorite colors together but the brightness in the pink and that comforter really makes it work in a very young and hip way. I would love, love, love that room as a teenage girl!

Beth in NEPA said...

The room looks great. The purple kind of tones down the pink. But they are favorite colors of mine too. Way to go Kelsey. ENJOY. What color will Alex's room be... Orange?

Paula said...

It looks GREAT! Can't wait to visit and see the real thing. Nice job, Kelsey must really love it.

Unknown said...

i really like this room too.. i am not a big pink fan, but it totally works. yay chelsea!

Unknown said...

yeah..... i don't know what possessed me to write chelsea. i know it's kelsey. i'm a little drunk. :)

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

Looks very nice. Em would love the purple accents.