Friday, May 29, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday: Kids Rooms

This is going to be a fun week for me. I'm picturing all the adorable kids' rooms that will be on this tour. I remember how much fun it was to decorate a baby's nursery. Picking out a new crib, baby blankets, wall hangings and toys. Well, I'm going to be the reality check on this stop of the tour!

This is what happens when the sweet cribs, cute stuffed animals and fun little toys get packed away into boxes and stored in the basement. This is what happens 12-14 years after the adorable nurseries and the fun toddler beds are replaced with "big" beds and "big" desks and "big" kids...

And I need warn you: It. is. not. pretty.

Welcome to the teenage years... Be sure to click on each image to really get the full effect!


First stop: The 14 year old daughter's room:






Second stop: The 12 year old son's room...





And there you have it. The kids may or may not read the blog and see this, if so, I'm in big trouble!! However, once they realize how many people all over the country have just seen their rooms, maybe they will clean them!

In the children's defense... we have not had a chance to really decorate their rooms yet. We've been in our new home less than a year. We really do plan on painting each of their rooms and making them nicer. Kelsey wants pink walls... Alex wants orange and blue walls... So maybe once that happens, then they will be more excited about keeping them clean. Until then, this is our reality!

* * * UPDATE * * *
Since this post still gets a lot of traffic from Kelly's Korner, I thought I would post an update. One of the kids now has a finished room, and it came out really cute! You can check it out here.

Now back to the house tour at Kelllys Korner...

7 comments:

Angie said...

Ha! I love it! BTW, is "The Breakfast Club" cool again? That makes me feel a little more hip.

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

HA- I was wondering the same thing about the Breakfast Club!!

The rooms are great- they show personality and a bit of freedom, as any teen should be granted.

Beth in NEPA said...

I wonder if I can find any pics of your room when you were that age???? LOL

Erica said...

i think it's hilarious that you did the teenage rooms with the arrows and descriptions. i LOVE it!

dawgyah said...

I'm glad to see a real teens room in all it's glory. My 19yo sons room is so bad he can't even sleep in there!

Tara G. said...

You're so funny!

shellygoguen said...

Love seeing the SU decor...Syracuse was my hometown growing up....go SU!!