Monday, May 4, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

I'm going to have an even trickier time putting menus together now. Eric discovered that his triglycerides were high. (Very high...) So he needs to cut back on carbohydrates and sugars. So I've been trying to come up with some "healthier" meals for our menu plan. (Keep in mind, he's not a big fan of seafood or green vegetables!) Thankfully he's taking medication too.

Monday: Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin, Rice, Corn and Crescent Rolls
Tuesday: Bear Creek Chicken Noodle Soup
Wednesday: Broiled Tilapia, Carrots, Creamed Spinach, Couscous
Thursday: Baked Chicken, Potatoes, Corn
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: ???

As always, be sure to check out Organizing Junkie for more menu planning ideas!

6 comments:

rb said...

i bet you guys would like the lettuce wraps.. almost no carbs..

Amanda said...

I would LOVE lettuce wraps... but Mr. Picky hates greens vegetables... But I do want to try the ones you made. They looked delicious!

Jenny said...

Sounds like a good plan to me.

rb said...

lettuce hardly qualifies as a green vegetable....

Amanda said...

I was just told it does. :)

Paula said...

Good luck with the Hayden diet, our result was more meds.