Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yard Sale Bargains

My parents have been visiting this weekend and we've been very busy! One of the things we did was go to some yard sales this morning. We discovered a HUGE neighborhood sale. By the end of the morning our feet were killing us and our vehicle was full of treasures. A couple of things I found (and my Dad was able to get for quite the deal for...) were 2 big pictures for our living room! I was so excited when I saw them. They were brand new, still wrapped in plastic. They ended up costing $30 total for both of them. ($15 each!). They are just exactly what I was looking for to go on that giant wall. I can't wait to play off the colors of them to figure out what color to paint the wall. You can see them pictured below. (Dad not only got a great bargain, but he hung them as well!)

Later in the day, my mom and I did a little shopping. I picked up this fun sign at Kohls for $7. (65% off!) I thought it would look great in the living room as well. (It's hanging above the window seat in the above photo.)

Below is a close up of one of the large pieces of art. Aren't the colors great? And I just love the frames. They're such a nice quality.

And in the photo below is the new lamp that we also got at a Yard Sale (same sale as the artwork), it was also brand-new with tags and we got it for $5. Another great bargain!

There's also a fun new camera in the middle of the photo, my dad picked up a few old cameras at another sale. Eric has lots of old cameras on display around the house. I also changed out the artwork above the piano with the picture that was over the couch before.

2 comments:

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

Amanda, everything looks great. I love the pictures too. Great find.

Di

Robin said...

Nice finds! Glad your dad was there to score you a deal! The art is the perfect color to start making those changes we were talking about in your living room. :)