Sunday, May 3, 2009

Yard Work

Today was a perfect day to work outside. It wasn't that hot or humid and the sun was shining. I was determined to fix up the front of the house. Jenny helped keep me company...

I was very excited to see the lilac bush beginning to bloom!

I posted this image a few weeks ago, it's my "before" picture. I thought maybe some of those bushes would come back to life, but only one showed any signs of life.

So Eric dug up all the dead bushes while I spread the bark mulch. So far I have bought 11 bags of bark mulch. I think I could use about 3 more to go under the pine tree next to the house. (Not pictured.)

Here is the "after" photo. The bushes look so tiny here! But they were cheaper that way, and they will grow eventually. If you click on the photo, you'll see more detail. For under $90, I did a complete over-haul of this area. 11 bags of bark mulch, 3 small bushes, 1 Rhododendron Bush, a few Pansies and some Vinca Vines for the potted plant on the porch.
If you look close, you can see Jenny who was watching from inside the house... she was being a bad girl and barking at the poor innocent people walking by the house.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Wow, what a difference! It looks great. I keep hinting to Gary to yank out the bushes in front of our house and start over.