Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Great Cola Taste Test


We decided to stage a "Cola" taste test in our house to try to prove a point. Eric did the happy dance once the test was over. He was 100% correct with his theory, and the evidence overwhelmingly supported it... here is how the test went:

Eric was convinced that the "generic" cola was just as good as the name-brand. Kelsey and I were very skeptical. Kelsey is a Coke fan, I am a Pepsi fan. (Or at least I was until I stopped drinking it, however I wanted to take part in the test, so I did.)

The 3 colas we tested were Coke, Pepsi and Walmart brand (aka Sams Cola). We had water to drink between sips to cleanse our palate. Eric set up the test while we were in another room. I thought I knew immediately which was the Pepsi. Kelsey thought she knew which one was Coke.
Tasting. Thinking. Tasting some more.

Trying to smell if there was a difference. (There wasn't.)

These are the results. (You can click on the image to see it better.) Neither of us was correct on any of the 3 colas. We were both completely wrong. As a matter of fact, we both put down totally different answers for each of the 3 choices. The cola that we both thought was our favorite, ended up being the Sams Cola.

Very interesting results. And now, instead of buying the expensive cola - we can buy the generic store brand instead. (Well, maybe we will...)


No comments: