Monday, March 23, 2009

Mamma Mia, Here I Go Again




One of my favorite movies ever is Grease. I just love it. Maybe because it's the first "real" movie I really remember seeing in the theater. Or maybe it's because I wanted so badly to be Olivia Newton John. I'm not sure what the reason, but I love everything about that movie, the storyline, the music, the actors, everything. I could (and quite possibly have) watched it a hundred times.

Eric and I watched Mamma Mia yesterday. (Yes, he willingly watched it with me! I know, he's a very good man.) I really thought that I might have the same feelings for this movie that I had for Grease, but sadly, I did not. Sure, it was fun and I really enjoyed the storyline. But I found myself fast-forwarding through most of the musical numbers. (An appreciative Eric thanked me for that...) A few of the songs I enjoyed, like Dancing Queen and Mamma Mia. But the others, not so much. Maybe it's because I have never been a huge Abba fan, I don't know. I thought that all of the actors did a fantastic job, even Pierce Brosnan wasn't that bad of a singer (well, maybe a little), but overall, the cast was great.

I'm glad that I watched the movie, but I will probably not purchase it and watch it 100 times like I did with Grease. Did anyone else see this? If so, what'd you think??

1 comment:

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

A couple of months ago me, Emily and her boyfriend watched it. Yes, he also is a good guy. Me and Em loved it. I enjoyed it more then I thought I would. RJ said it was okay.