Sunday, March 8, 2009

Menu Plan Monday



I'm trying something new again. (Uh oh!) Let's see how long I can keep it up.

This is from a great site called "I'm an Organizing Junkie". She has a million different ways to stay or become organized. This particular feature is about planning menus. I haven't created a menu in years. But last weekend, I created one for the week and I think it actually helped. We didn't follow it exactly, we ended up switching a day or two, but other than that it worked perfectly. It's nice to know before the week begins what's for dinner every night. And it also helps to use up what food you have in the house.

I think their menus usually go Monday - Sunday. But I'm going to start with Sunday. Since I haven't planned next weekend yet! (And I'm actually writing this on Sunday, not Monday.) You might also notice that there is a lack of green vegetables in my menus. Certain people in the house don't eat "green things"... but sometimes I'll make them just for me.

Sunday: Pulled pork, baked beans & mashed potatoes

Monday: Ham steak, au gratin potatoes, carrots, rolls

Tuesday: Baked Chicken, baked potatoes, stuffing & corn

Wednesday: Fried shrimp, fish sticks & french fries

Thursday: Potato Soup with cheese & bacon bits

Friday: Pizza

Saturday: ??

To see many more Menu planning ideas, head on over to "I'm an Organizing Junkie"!

3 comments:

rb said...

mmmm, potato soup!

Beth in NEPA said...

When you were growing up in Maine this is what your mom did most Sundays..... like you found, this changes sometimes..... but it isn't that hard to rearrange.
Also if you make a grocery list from the menu it will make sure you have what you need to prepare these meals and not have to run out to the store.
In Maine I did it cause I was working but I still do a bit of it cause I hate to have to worry about what I am going to have for dinner.

Amanda said...

Rebecca, I'll post the potato soup recipe and photos when we make that. It's yummy!