Tuesday, March 31, 2009

On the Right Track


Let me start by saying, no laughing! Yes, that is me. In the middle of a 600 yard run at the University of Maine indoor track during a High School meet. Circa 1985-ish. And yes, I am that far ahead of everybody. (Really, I am!)

Why am I posting this photo you ask? Because my son is going to follow in my footsteps. (So to speak...) And I'm very excited about it. He had his first official track practice today. He's not sure exactly what events he will compete in, but he's leaning towards the 400/800 meters and the long jump and/or high jump. It has been fun listening to him talk about it and it's bringing back lots of great memories... so much for not living vicariously through my child!

1 comment:

Beth in NEPA said...

Wow, look at those muscles