Friday, November 13, 2009

Bake Sales, Knitting, Dog Shows & More

As many of you know, I've been attempting to learn how to knit. So far, the most fun has been yarn shopping. I love these colors! I'm kind of slow, but getting the hang of it. Kelsey has even been knitting with me. We got her some hot pink yarn, but we're both thinking we should take a class together... I hope nobody is expecting anything knitted for Christmas, at least not this year!

We had a charity bake sale at work today. I made some chocolate chip cookies. They brought in $7 for the Rescue Mission.

And I also gave $6 to the Rescue Mission for these delicious Peanut Butter Cup cookie things. I'm not sure what they are officially called, but they're yummy! I even got to keep the cute Christmas plate that they were on.

I tried to win the giant Cookie Cake... I was in a bidding war with another co-worker. But when I learned that it was going to be for her mother's birthday, I sadly let it go.

The weekend is here! Tomorrow Alex and I are going to a Dog Show. Should be interesting, we've never been to one. And on Sunday, basketball practice begins for the league that he joined. Other than that, we've got a nice quiet one ahead...

Oh, this is interesting. I was looking back at my blog. And discovered that we had snow this week last year. And that by December 19th, we had already had 50" of snow. Seems so unlikely right now, with the wonderful temperatures in the 50s we've been enjoying. And even looking at the 7-day forecast, the next week looks nice. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it lasts at least through the week of Thanksgiving, so that our out-of-town visitors can have snow-free travels.

And yes, 2 weeks from today is Black Friday.

1 comment:

rb said...

those peanut butter cup things look soooo delicious..