Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Boots and Things

I had to share a picture of my fabulous new boots with you. Fabulous for a couple of reasons. Mostly because I love them and they are so very comfy. But mostly, because they were on the clearance rack at Marshall's and only cost $27. They normally go for $60 plus. (Mostly plus.) No, they're not "Ugg's". (Which go for $150+) But do I care? Nope! As long as they're comfy (they feel like slippers on my feet!) and keep my feet warm in dry in 2' of snow, I'm fine with the less expensive brand!

And speaking of snow. I hate to jinx it... but it's been a quiet November so far. All we've had is frost.

Which can make for a pretty picture. And you don't have to shovel it.

And in other completely different news. I had my annual Mammogram last week. I thought I would mention it since Mammograms have been a hot topic in the news the last couple of days.

I very much disagree with the new findings. Don't have one until you're 50? And then only have them every 2 years? This was my 7th Annual Mammogram. I'm only 40. I have quite a family history though, and started getting them when I was 34 after finding several lumps. Thankfully I won't be affected by these new "guidelines" and will continue to get my annual exams. But for those who will be affected, I feel terrible.

Just think of all those woman who got a mammogram between ages 40-50 and who survived breast cancer because it was caught early. Isn't that reason enough to keep things as they are now? I guess I don't understand the reasoning, other than saving insurance companies money. Which just sends us the message that big insurance companies are more important than a human life. Very sad.

1 comment:

Beth in NEPA said...

As part of your family history and a survivor I say those folks are CRAZY and GREEDY. Since we know folks who have gotten cancer in their 40s and would not have been discovered without the mammogram, how dare they.

I hate it that I and your grandmother had to contribute to your worries but glad you are heeding the proper warnings