Sunday, November 22, 2009

Birthdays and Craft Fairs

I had such a fun evening at Paula & Gary's last night! We celebrated my birthday and our niece Laura's birthday too. And look at this awesome wine-themed cake that Sheila made!! I loved it. Especially the little extra "souvenir" that I got to take home. The cake was delicious too, it was maple flavor and it tasted like I was eating pancakes drenched in syrup... sooo good!! Thank you everyone for the wonderful celebration and especially to Paula for being such a great hostess! Here are some pictures of the evening...


Laura loves to help, here she's helping Grandma Sheila put candles on the cake.

Here I am with Laura and Kelly waiting very patiently to blow out the candles.

Laura proves her willingness to help as Paula teaches her how to open a bottle of wine. They start 'em early up there on the farm!

Laura and Kelly play with Barbies...

Then Laura and I had a very intense game of Monopoly. And Laura won!

But then "Lady Luck" (that would be me) had better luck during Bingo and won both games.

Eric, Jenny and I relaxed on the couch after all the games and festivities. (I think Jenny needs to go on a diet, she looks huge here!)

Earlier in the day yesterday, Alex and I went to a craft fair at his old Elementary School. It was a nice trip down memory lane for him. He enjoyed walking though his old school, he had lots of good memories there. I just enjoyed looking at all the Holiday goodies.

These ornaments were very fun.

And here's Alex standing next to his 4th grade cubby. He used to be shorter than the cubby, I can't believe how much he's grown in 4 years!

1 comment:

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

A belated Happy Birthday to you Amanda!! Looks like a fun time had by all.