Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve

We're relaxing after a very busy and productive day. I got some serious shopping done this morning. (Mostly for myself. I love birthdays!) I also got to go to the Christmas Tree Shop with Paula this afternoon. That was treat! I love that store... I always seem to find so much that I "need". What? You don't think I "needed" 4 light-up Snowman ornaments, a box of ribbon candy, Hello Kitty band-aids, 2 chocolate advent calendars, a Gingerbread house kit, a snowflake candle tart burner, pumpkin bread mix and a jug of windshield washer fluid?? Well, maybe I "needed" the windshield washer fluid... but yeah, perhaps I could have done without the rest. But it was so fun! And always cheap.

Tonight we're just hanging out. Waiting for the crowd to start rolling in tomorrow around noon. Alex is running the Turkey Trot 5k Road Race at 9:15am. I'll be taking him to the race as Eric stays home to keep an eye on the turkey.

And that's it. We just wait. The food is ready to be cooked. The turkey is waiting in its roaster in the fridge. The table is set. The wine is being chilled. Across town, there are pies being made.

I hope that everybody has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and that you are spending time with friends and family and don't forget to pause for a moment to remember everything you have to be thankful for. I know I am thankful for so many things.

No comments: