Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Office Space

I thought I'd show off my office today. It's a very small space, but I like it. I have a lot of "stuff" crammed into this very small office. The photo above is a view of the monitor of my PC... with a TV in the background. Yes, I get to watch TV all day... well, it's on all day. I'm not really watching it. But I do listen... and sometimes I watch... Do you like all my ABC Network posters? A fun perk of my job. Fun artwork for my office walls!

On the other side of my desk is my Mac. Yes, I have a PC and a Mac. Right next to each other. I go back and forth on both of them all day. I use the Mac primarily for video work and print. The PC is really only used for on-air still graphics. The program we use to run the scripts for newscasts (ENPS) is PC-based. So I needed a PC in order to upload stills for shows. Before we got ENPS, I had only had a Mac.

The Mac has 2 monitors, which I love... I wish they were nice new flat-screens, but I guess I can't have everything! (Although it's on my wish list...) You can also see my favorite Audrey Hepburn movie poster. And the "Dancing with the Stars" board that we use on our morning show. Each new season I have to make a new one. Yep, I make it, the old fashioned way. With an exacto knife and spray mount. Just another fun part of my job!

This is my photo printer and the small counter that I do any paste-up work on. If I have bigger projects, I use the conference room. I really don't do all that much paste-up type work. Most everything I do is on the computer. But on the occasion where they need a few signs made or posters mounted, it's nice to have a space to work.

Another view of the photo printer, and the "print work" printer. It used to sound like a hamster running on a wheel when it printed. Until it died. Now it's just collecting dust. You can also see the new "2010 Weather Calendars" in the above photo. Does anyone need one?? I still have a bunch (shhh!)... they did sell out though. Let me know if you'd like one, I'll try to get one out to you!

And that's it! The room where I spend 9 hours every day. (Yeah, I usually have my lunch right at my desk too.) For the most part, I really enjoy what I do. It's fun and crazy and stressful and different every single day.

4 comments:

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

This looks like the dream job to me having a tv on all day...sigh.
Put us down for a calendar when you come in April.

Robin said...

I would love to watch TV all day...even bad TV. Would love a calendar!

Linnette said...

So nice to be able to read your Blog once again! I have missed it :)

Aunt Margi said...

I'm so glad your blog is back. I feel like we're neighbors. The only problem is I don't comment enough! We need to chat more. I love your office. My office now is entirely at home. It took quite a bit of work to combine my office office with my home office. Too much duplicate stuff! We miss your calendar this year- if you have one to spare please send it us! Keep up the good work and have a great weekend with the girls!!