Monday, February 15, 2010

Olympic-Bachelor Monday

The month of February is more than half over! It's going to be Spring before we know it. I hope everybody had a nice Valentine's Day yesterday! We spent a mostly quiet day together. We had Chinese food for dinner and I then made a big batch of Chocolate Chip cookies.

On Saturday evening, Eric and I had a great dinner at Smokey Bones. We got there at the perfect time, right before the big crowds arrived. We sat at the bar while we waited for our table and had a drink. I ordered a "draft" of Coors Light. And wouldn't you know it, the 22 oz. was the same price as the smaller size. So naturally, I got the 22 oz. draft. Then with dinner, I got another one, since the first one was so good. By the time dinner was over, I had consumed 44 oz. of beer. That's a lot of beer! Eric had to carry me out to the car... Just kidding!! We really had a fun evening and it was nice to get out and spend some time together, just the 2 of us.

Look what I saw on my drive home tonight. The sun! It was completely light out the entire drive home. And even when I got home, I noticed it was still light out for a little bit while I was getting dinner together.

Tonight I'm flipping between the Olympics and the Bachelor. Is anybody else watching the Olympics?? I just love the Olympics. But I'm sure you all knew that already! I love the stories behind the athletes, the competition, the celebration, the pageantry. It's pure, honest sport at its best. It's just wonderful to witness and be part of the history of the Olympics.

On the other hand... the Bachelor is just pure garbage. Nobody is honest and there is nothing historic about it. But that's why I like it!

1 comment:

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

We've been catching some of the olympics. Speed skating was awesome. No Batchelor here.