Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine Weekend

Valentine's Day is usually a fun day for me. Last year, I went all out with heart-shaped breakfasts and heart-shaped cookies. We also bought a (non heart-shaped) TV for ourselves. I think this year it's going to be pretty low-key. Eric and I plan on going out to dinner Saturday evening, more just to go out to dinner than to celebrate Valentine's Day. I'm thinking for dinner on Sunday, we'll have Chinese food. (It's the beginning of the Chinese New Year. What better excuse to have Chinese food?!)  We're not getting another big TV this year. (Although we really ought to fix the one we got last year... the sensor no longer works, so you can't change the channel with the remote anymore... ) Mostly I think we'll just hang out and relax and stay warm this weekend. After all, every day should be a day you tell your loved ones how much you love and appreciate them. You shouldn't only do it on one day, right?? 

Speaking of loving and appreciating, I need to send a shout-out to my dad. He was in a bit of an accident with a plow yesterday. Yep, he was physically hit by a plow. He was standing next to his van in a parking lot and was taken out by a plow. He's doing ok. Bruised and cut and very sore. And he even got a staple in his head. He went back to the hospital this morning to get checked over again. But as my mom said "He's one tough cookie." That he is! Feel better soon!! 

In some fun news, we're getting ready to book our summer vacation spot! Drum-roll please...... we're going back to the Cape!! Yeah!!!! We're going to go back to our original "private" beach in Sandwich and get a house right on the beach. It's next to the place we stayed 3 summers ago. We really enjoyed that location and now we can't wait for summer!! (Like I couldn't wait before.) The only down-fall? No *gasp* wifi! So there will probably not be daily updates and daily photos of our trip. But... you know me, I'll probably take my laptop to the nearest McDonalds with wifi and try to upload a little something!

Well... here it is... my "moment in the spotlight"... the Singing Valentine package that aired on Bridge Street this morning. After seeing the video they shot of me, I decided I need to take acting lessons... or something. The entire time I have the look of "OMG, what are you people doing to me, I hate you all!!" I sport a lovely fake smile, with no pearly whites showing. So sadly, I'm thinking I won't be up for an Academy Award this year...

Is anybody besides me going to be watching the Winter Olympics that start tonight? I just love the Olympics. I can't wait to watch the Ice Skating. And the Luge. And the Bobsled. And the Skiing. And all the other fun that goes along with it!

For those of you who requested calendars, they are going out in the mail today! I just realized the longer I wait, the less useful they will be for you. So I'm heading to the post office during my break today. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

I loved the look on your face...priceless.

Beth in NEPA said...

Your father is better today than yesterday though he has bruises everywhere.

Loved the look on your face when they were singing to you.