Monday, July 5, 2010

The Finger Lakes on the 4th

Alex and I took a little day trip together yesterday. Our initial intent was just to go to the Waterloo Outlets. But as we were driving, he announced he'd never been to any of the Finger Lakes. (Gasp! My poor underprivileged child!!) So, we took a little side trip down to Seneca Lake. It was such a gorgeous day.

He had to stick his fingers in a "Finger" Lake...

Beautiful.... Maybe I should have brought my suit and gone for a swim!

And what's a trip to the Finger Lakes, without a stop at a Winery?? And don't worry, I didn't partake in any tastings. I didn't even buy a bottle to take home. Alex was intrigued by the idea of a Winery, so I showed him what they were like. We did a quick walk-through the inside...

And then we walked around the vineyard. I even showed him where Eric & I found that $100 bill last year.... sadly, there was not another.

We did eventually get to the Outlets. We each bought a few things, then headed home for a nice BBQ on the deck. And we listened to neighbors setting off fireworks all night... and Jenny barked. And barked. And barked... and barked some more.

No comments: