Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mall Walker

I've been getting some great walks in during my lunch breaks this week. I've been going to the ShoppingTown Mall in DeWitt. Which is just a few minutes from work. As you can see from the above photo, it's not very crowded...

Not even a little...

Almost sad, isn't it? But it's perfect for walking! The Mall was actually undergoing some renovations when the "recession" hit, then it stopped renovating. Tons of stores cleared out. And then some interesting alternative "stores" moved in. There's a Gymnastic Center, a Fencing Club, a Golf lesson place, a Karate center, a Kung Fu Club, a Dancing center.... and there's even an Indoor Skateboard Park. It's kind of a genius way to re-think the indoor mall concept. It's not as busy during the day when kids are in school and people are working. But I imagine it's busy at other times.

I saw this sign today at the Indoor Skate Park. I was almost tempted to take a Big Wheel for a spin, but it wasn't Saturday...

1 comment:

Beth in NEPA said...

Remember when we had the Big wheel races in Puerto Rico. Your father brought down all those big wheels for us "old folks" to use. Your of course didn't actually go to the races but I think we kept the big wheels afterwards.