Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Swimming, Biking & Running

Guess what I'm going to attempt to do this summer?? A triathlon! My friend Amy talked me into it. I've always wanted to do one, but I'm not a very good swimmer. Not even a little good. So I figured I'd never even attempt to try one. But when she told me about this, with just a 1/4 mile swim, I thought if ever I could do one, this could be it!

Here's the website for the Triathlon. It's in Surry, NH, on August 7th. I've already found a 22-week work-out regime for us to follow. Which means I still have a couple of days of "lounging" (aka: being slug-like) before the fun begins. Well, not really. Today I did a great 20 minute walk during my lunch break. Which I will try to do as often as I can, to help with the training. We're both very excited about our new adventure and plan on keeping each other motivated for the next 5 months so we can complete our goal.

And of course, you'll get to hear all about our progress right here on the blog. First thing we're going to do is register so there's no turning back. That will be tomorrow. Then I'm thinking of joining the YMCA so I can have pool and weight/equipment access. I noticed that our YMCA even offers Triathlon Training. I will most definitely look into that when I join.

Wish us luck... we're going to need it!

3 comments:

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

You'll be pretty close to us. You know you're welcome and we'll have to come cheer you on. Amanda, you're my inspiration!

Beth in NEPA said...

This doesn't sound "quite" as bad as the big thiathlon but still a LOT of work. The last time I road a bike was when we all went over to Vieques for a picnic. Thought I would "die" before we got done and dad had to drive me home from the ferry.

Linnette said...

Good Luck, Amanda and Amy!!!!