Saturday, March 20, 2010

The New Fridge

We had a great experience with Lowe's Home Delivery today when they delivered our new fridge. They were originally supposed to be here between 12-4. But they called at 10:30 and asked if they could bring it early. Of course! I had to quickly get all the food into coolers because I was waiting til the last minute to empty the old fridge.

They were here within a half hour and taking the old fridge out. We chose to have the old one recycled to get the Energy Star Rebate. So the old 25 year old fridge is heading to the trash heap. They were in and out of here in less than a half hour. They were great!

And here is the new one. Looking like it has been here awhile. Cluttered with magnets, menus and schedules already.

This is my new favorite part of the fridge. Fresh cold filtered water and crushed ice. Heavenly... (We're not supposed to drink the water or use the first batch of ice for 24 hours, but I know it will be heavenly once we're able to use it!)

Did I mention that Alex is taller than I am yet? I know I posted it to Facebook last week. Here's proof. He seems to already be towering over me... is that real?? I think he's going to be a tall boy. Unfortunately, he's also a stick. We're already having trouble buying pants that are long enough that don't fall off.

2 comments:

Whitaker Woods said...

Looks like the fridge was meant to be there!

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

Alex reminds me of Derek. He grew 7.5" in one year and still remains a stick.