Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Week in Review

Whoops! Has it been a whole week since I updated this blog? Sorry!!

I was busy working out every day this past week. Here were my workouts:

Workout 3/21/2010
Bike 30 min / 11 miles
Treadmill 15 min / 1 mile

Workout 3/22/2010
Bike 30 min / 6.5 miles

Workout 3/23/2010
Bike 30 min / 8 miles
Treadmill 25 min / 1.6 miles

Workout 3/24/2010
Jog 1 mile (Outside!)
Walk 15 minutes

Workout 3/25/2010
Treadmill 32 min / 2 miles
Bike 23 min / 5 miles

Workout 3/26/2010
Treadmill 33 min / 2 miles
Bike 20 min / 7.2 miles

This week I start mixing jogging with walking on the Treadmill. The workout we're following has only had us walking so far. And by walking, I mean walking as fast as you can without jogging. So I think I'm ready for the next step. I've also starting doing a lot of arm weight workouts too. To get me stronger for when I dare to start jumping in the pool... which will happen soon. Really.

I've decided to sign up for a couple of 5k road races this summer, before the Triathlon. I even tried unsuccessfully to get my company involved with the Chase Corporate Challenge. Our GM didn't want any more "commitments" for the station, so I was turned down. All I wanted to do was get a team together to run the 3.5 mile race. I personally don't think it was a huge commitment, and it might have encouraged people to get in shape (and to perhaps go along with the weight loss challenge that the station supports?...) but... it wasn't to be. At least I tried. I'll find some other races to run instead. The other 243 companies from Central New York that compete in the race need not worry about us this year.

I've also decided to have a yard sale in April. We have a basement full of potential yard sale treasures. And I know I have a lot of work to do to get ready for it. The neighborhood next to ours has an annual sale, and it's huge. So I'm going to piggy-back on their weekend. I noticed last year that a lot of homes in our neighborhood did just that and they had a lot of success. So here's hoping we lighten our load so we don't become Hoarders. And maybe we'll make a few dollars in the process!

No comments: