Saturday, March 6, 2010

Miscellaneous

It's a beautiful Spring-like weekend here in Central New York. The sun is shining. The snow is melting. It's not quite 40 degrees, but it feels warmer with the sun shining. We don't have much planned for the weekend, and it's great!

We joined the YMCA the other day. Alex and I went last night. I worked out in the fitness center and Alex played basketball in the Gym. It worked out perfectly. We got there around 8:15pm, the crowds were minimal. There was "open" Gym for kids under 17. The fitness center had about 6 or 7 people working out. It was the perfect time to go. I did 4.7 miles on the stationary bike. (I rode for 30 minutes.) And it felt great. It was a good evening. We're hoping to make this a Friday night tradition. And soon maybe Eric will join us too. He might have agreed to go with me tomorrow morning... I'm going to attempt to get into the pool for the first time in years.

I'm hoping to get to the Y at least 3 days a week to get ready for the Triathlon. During the other days, I can run/walk/ride my bike around the neighborhood. But it will be good to swim and lift weights at the Y, or go on bad-weather days for some exercise equipment usage.

I wanted to tell you all about a great tea I discovered last week. I love it! I drink about 1-2 cups a day. It seems to be keeping me away from the afternoon coffee, which I think is a good thing. I love the flavor. And I bet it would make a delicious iced tea during the summer.

No comments: