Friday, March 19, 2010

Reading Material

I decided to buy a book about Triathlons. I saw this and thought it would be perfect. So far I really like the advice the author is giving. He's a professional Triathlon coach and has competed in many Triathlons, including the Ironman.

According to my new "coach", I'm doing everything right so far. I've picked the "easy" Triathlon (referred to as a "Sprint Triathlon") for my first one. He also mentions that it's perfectly normal to spend more time on the running and the biking, since those distances are longer than the swimming in the actual race. He says that the goal for the swim leg of the race should be just to finish it. Don't worry about speed or time or even about stopping and catching your breath. The main goal is just to finish. I like that advice! I'm not quite as concerned about it as I was at first. I know how to swim, it's just a matter of working on technique and endurance. But for now, I'll just worry about finishing.

And speaking of finishing, the author also says that the main goal of any one's first Triathlon should be to "finish with a smile on your face". I like that.

------

In other news, the much anticipated refrigerator arrives tomorrow. I have 3 coolers ready to house our food until the new fridge is up and running. And you can bet I'll be posting photos of the new arrival.

Tomorrow Alex has a playoff basketball game. If they win tomorrow, they go to the finals on Sunday. I can't go to the game tomorrow because I'll be waiting for the fridge. Eric has to work all day tomorrow, so he won't be home.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: