Friday, May 22, 2009

Show Us Where You Live: Dining Rooms

I'm back with "Show Us Where You Live" Friday. I sat out last week on the showing of the Guest Rooms, since we don't have one. I enjoyed looking at everybody else's though! This week, we're doing Dining Rooms.


Our Dining Room opens into our Living Room. I love the open feel of the space. (We're still deciding on what color to paint the walls.) It's so very plain at the moment, but we've only lived here for 10 months. You can only do so much! We have plenty of time to paint. (You can click on each image to see them larger.)

This is a little closer view of the dining room. I love the table, chairs and hutch. My parents are antique dealers and they gave these to me for Birthday/Christmas gifts a few years back. I just love them!

This is a closer view of the hutch. I store all of my china and extra dishes in here. And I'm sorry, but I should have taken a photo of the china! I have my parents china that they got for a wedding gift. Coincidently, it's china from "Syracuse China". They lived in CA when they got married... but I happen to now live 10 minutes from Syracuse! But sadly, the Syracuse China plant just closed last month (after 138 years in business)... so I'm very lucky to have a full set of china from there. Especially a set with such sentimental value.

Since I have nowhere to really store cookbooks in my kitchen, they are kept here in the dining room. Which is right around the corner from the kitchen. I keep my "Taste of Home" magazines here in the basket on the top of the shelf. I love those magazines!

Here's another favorite piece. Although I am not so good at winding it up (ok, I never wind it...) but I still love it. It was in my parents house when I was growing up. They gave it to me when I got my first place. Actually... that's not quite true... They gave me a different clock, but I always loved this one... so we ended up trading, years later!

This is a close up view of the top of the Hutch. The picture above the Hutch was my husband's grandmother's picture that she left it to him. It's called "The Writers". They are old pictures of writers, such as Emerson, Longfellow, Whittier and Bryant. Isn't it neat?

And that's our Dining Room! Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to head back to Kellys Korner to see more great Dining Rooms!

1 comment:

Shana said...

Love your hutch! Thanks for sharing your space!