Thursday, January 1, 2009

'09 Goals



After much thought and consideration, I have decided what my resolutions... or "goals" for 2009 will be. And they all involve the blog. (Lucky you!)

1. Use my cookbooks. My first goal will be adopted from Amy. Last year (Or was that 2 years ago?) she decided to try one recipe from each of her cookbooks. Well, mine will be similar, but not as overwhelming. I am going to try 2 new recipes a month from my cookbooks. I have so many of them, they get forgotten on the bookshelf in the dining room. (See photo above.) So this will force me to bring them out and start using them. These recipes can be anything from cookies, to main courses, to a crockpot recipe, to a snack. Anything that will get me using the cookbooks more. And I will post the recipes and results here. Maybe I'll get crazy and do more than 2 per month!

2. Read more books. I go in spurts with books. Usually the winter months will find me reading more. But this year, my goal will be to read (at least) 2 new books a month. And again, I will post my choices and perhaps a quick review here on the blog. My interests vary, so it could be anything from a mystery, to a biography, to a nice trashy romance novel.

3. Watch more movies. DVDs or at the theatre. I will watch more movies. At least 2 per month. I just started up another NetFlix account and tomorrow "Burn After Reading" will arrive. A membership also includes many "Watch instantly" movies, so I am sure to exceed my 2 per month minimum.

That's it! There will be no exercising more, no eating healthier, no being nicer, etc. for me. Not because I don't think I shouldn't do all those things, I most definitely should. But that's too much pressure! And besides, none of that would help me to keep fresh content on my blog. And that is really what is most important! Happy New Year!

No comments: