Monday, January 12, 2009

Amanda's Day Off


I won't be watching a baseball game at Wrigley Field nor will I get to pretend I'm the Sausage King of Chicago. And I'm pretty sure I won't be driving a red Ferrari around the streets of Chicago, but I promise this will be a wonderful day off. I have nothing official planned. Nothing at all. At the moment I am sitting at the kitchen counter, having coffee, watching TV and looking out the window watching it snow.

Later I'm thinking about gathering the hundreds of returnable cans and bottles that are taking up a lot of space in the garage and taking them to Wegmans. Then I might even go to Target to do some shopping. Upon my return, I'm thinking I might bake some cookies and possibly some banana bread. Then I'll start thinking about doing some laundry... and getting dinner ready. I'm planning on making a nice BBQ pork with mashed potatoes.

And that's about it! I might try to sneak in another movie... or start another book. But mostly I'm going to just enjoy the fact that I don't have to do anything if I don't want to.


1 comment:

rb said...

oooh, i forgot you had today off.. so jealous.