Thursday, January 8, 2009

Week In Review


Jeesh, it's Friday tomorrow. How did that happen?? I've been neglecting the blog again. That work thing gets in the way of all the fun. Aside from getting a million more inches of snow we got this week and having lengthy commutes to work, I've been busy with work... and watching movies... and reading books... and cooking new recipes.

This week we watched "Ghost Town". Very cute movie. "He sees dead people... and they annoy him." I loved it. Kind of a chick-flicky, but Eric was sweet and watched it with me. I saw him laugh a few times. Seriously, I did. I think.

I also read the book "Multiple Blessings" by Jon & Kate Gosselin. I'm not sure if you are familiar with the Gosselins... they have a show on TLC called "Jon & Kate plus Eight". They are the couple that had twins and then sextuplets. 8 kids in 4 years. I don't know why, but I am fascinated by them. I watch their show and can only wonder how they have that many kids without going totally insane! "Multiple Blessings" is their story... It was really from Kate's of view, I will say I enjoyed the book. I couldn't put it down. The details of her pregnancy with 6 babies was unreal. She was the size of a regular 7-month pregnant woman when she was only 14 weeks along. She was on best rest shortly after that. It was crazy. But also quite a miracle that she was able to carry them as long as she did and have 6 perfectly healthy babies.

Not sure what's up for the weekend. Mostly quiet and relaxation. I have a long weekend ahead. I took Monday off, just because I wanted to have a random day off for no reason. I can't wait! I hope it snows all day because I won't have to go anywhere. I'm sure it will be sunny and warm just for that reason.

3 comments:

catbrown said...

oh i loved that book, and LOVE that show. i think i have seen them ALL. enjoy your weekend!

Amanda said...

Thanks! You too!

Anonymous said...

GAH! I will miss you Monday!