Friday, January 2, 2009

Movies, movies, movies


I seem to be going gung-ho on the '09 Movie Goal. I have already watched my 2-movie minimum for the month, and that was just on the 1st day. The Netflix "view instantly" feature makes it very easy. It also helps that I haven't been watching a lot of movies in the last few years, so I have so much to catch up on.

My first movie yesterday was "Gone Baby Gone". That was a great movie and I really enjoyed Casey Affleck as the lead role. Personally, I think he's a better actor than his brother Ben. However, Ben directed the movie and I thought it was terrific. Lots of twists and turns. It really leaves you thinking when it's over about what's right and what's wrong. I highly recommend this movie, unless of course you've already seen it, which I'm guessing most people already have!

The other movie I watched yesterday was "Then She Found Me". This movie had a big cast, with Helen Hunt (she also directed it), Matthew Broderick, Bette Midler and Colin Firth. Helen Hunt's character was almost 40 and desperate to have a child, her marriage to Matthew Broderick's immature character was short and ended abruptly. The movie was ok. I'm not sure if I would highly recommend it, but if you're bored and are looking for something to watch, then this might be for you.

As far as my "'09 Cookbook Goal"... I've been scouring my cookbooks looking for something to jump out at me. I have lots of ideas and can't wait to dig in and get started with this goal.

1 comment:

rb said...

i agree, casey affleck is a better actor than ben..