Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's Not Easy Bein' Green




The "Big" mall in Syracuse has gone green. Or at least that's what they're claiming. I will admit I like the special parking spaces. And since I do have a fuel-efficient vehicle, I parked my little red car right in this spot today during my break.

And the reason I had to go the mall? I went to pick up a shirt for Alex. Alex has apparently turned into a teenager and requires brand-name clothing from Abercrombie & Fitch or American Eagle now. At least he's fine with getting items that are on sale or items from the clearance rack. I don't like paying full-price for anything, especially not the over-priced crap from stores like those. (Do I sound old??) $37 for a flimsy t-shirt? $75 for a pair of jeans with holes all over them? No way. He's welcome to buy that stuff with his own money, or when he gets older and gets a job... but while I'm paying, that's simply not going to happen. If I'm not paying that much for clothes for myself, I'm certainly not going to buy them for a child who will outgrow them in a few months. That's crazy!

Tomorrow is Friday, and it's been a long week. Unfortunately for Eric, it's going to be a long Friday too. They've got a Travel-Auction thing at his station tomorrow, so he'll be there until well into the night... probably midnight or later. I'm not sure what the rest of the weekend will bring, but I'm sure it'll be lots of rest and relaxation. Just the way we like it. We've also got 2 movies to watch... "Eagle Eye" and "The Dark Knight".

No comments: