Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Interview


I've seen variations of this on other blogs. I'm going to interview myself. It looked like fun, so I'm going to try it too. Feel free to do the same if you have a blog. And if you don't have a blog yet... what are you waiting for!? Get one!! You know you want to.

1. Why did you start a blog?
Because it looked like fun. RB and Miftik inspired me. I'd read blogs, wanted to start one, but wasn't sure how or where I should start. Then I just did it. Now it's a part of me and sometimes consumes my thoughts trying to decide what to write about. But it's fun going back to read through it sometimes, it's kind of a like a diary, except my mom can read it too.

2. What was your dream job when you were 13 and why did or didn’t you pursue it?
I think my dream job might have been to be a Princess... more specifically Princess Diana. For the obvious reasons, I couldn't pursue this as a career, but I could dream... Diana's wedding to Prince Charles was beautiful, her life was a fairy tale. Well, until the end anyway. And now I'm rather pleased that being Princess Diana never came to be. I also wanted to be a teacher and sometimes still wish I had gone that route, especially in the summers when teachers are on vacation...

3. What is your first memory?
I'm not sure I have an actual "first memory" but more a block of images and memories from a specific period in my life. I sort of view my life in "blocks". We moved every 2-3 years, so each place that we lived were my "blocks" of memories. I think my earliest, clearest memories are from our second house in Virginia. I remember the layout of the house. I remember playing outside and stepping on a bee once, I remember my dad teaching me to ride a bike in the cul-de-sac. I also remember meeting Heisman trophy winner Joe Bellino in that house. (Well, maybe I don't remember that very well... but I have seen the photos of me sitting on the couch with him!)

4. In the movie of your life, what would the soundtrack be (it can be one album or a compilation of songs)?
Oh, this is too easy. Barry Manilow's "Mandy" to start, Boston's "Amanda" to finish. It's all about me, right?

5. What would you tell your 10 year old self if you saw her sitting in front of you right now?
Don't stop running. You have a natural talent to run, don't ever stop. Work hard, train hard, don't ever stop.
-------------

And who doesn't like a cute Panda photo?



No comments: